Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Review:TomTom Car Kit for iPhone and iPod Touch

Price $219.94


The price says it all.The TomTom Car Kit is great, it works perfectly, and I loved using it. In fact, I wish I could keep the review unit that TomTom sent me.That said, would I ever spend 2 bills and change on it?May by, but it's unlikely. A standalone TomTom GPS unit can be as cheap as $100, which is twice the price of the TomTom Car Kit ($219.94) TomTom GPS App ($99.99) for the iPhone. Furthermore, it's hard to justify buying both the hardware and the software when there are cheaper options for both (more on that later)

Of course, the product does serve multiple purposes as an in-car iPhone charger, Bluetooth speakerphone and GPS unit. All in all, I was fairly impressed with the device and think those that aren't turned off by the price might consider its purchase. The convenience of an all-in-one devices is compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment